Tart pan and a pie pan are not similar and there are distinguished differences between them especially the size and the shape. However, still you can bake a tart in a pie pan, as there would be no difference after baking it except the shape of it.
For example, the key differences of them with the slope sides and with the single or double crust.
So, the presentation would be make the difference while baking tart in a pie pan and except it there would be no big difference.
Are you in the mood for a tart? But you don’t have a tart pan? No problem! Here’s how to make a tart without a tart pan.
So, how to bake a tart without a tart pan? Lets show you the processes below:
1 recipe for tart dough
1 baking sheet
1 piece of parchment paper
1 rolling pin
1 tablespoon water
Now Lets Follow The Below Instructions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Roll out the tart dough on a lightly floured surface.
3. Transfer the dough to the baking sheet.
4. Trim the dough to fit the baking sheet.
5. Prick the dough all over with a fork.
6. Line the dough with a piece of parchment paper.
7. Fill the parchment paper with pie weights or dried beans.
8. Bake the dough for 10 minutes.
9. Remove the parchment paper and weights.
10. Bake the dough for 5 minutes more.
11. Let the dough cool on the baking sheet.
12. Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough again.
13. Trim the dough to fit the baking sheet.
14. Here you need to cut the dough into desired shapes with a knife.
15. Don’t forget to Beat an egg with water.
16. Now it is high time to brush the egg wash on the dough.
17. Bake the dough for 10 minutes.
18. Remove the tart from the baking sheet and let it cool on a wire rack.
19. Serve the tart with your desired filling.
Note: Once you have your dough, you’ll need to preheat the oven to 375 degrees. While the oven is preheating, blind bake the dough for about 10 minutes. This will help to prevent the dough from getting soggy once you add the filling.
After the dough has been blind baked, add your desired filling. Be sure to not overfill the tart, as this can cause the filling to spill out during baking.
Bake the tart for 20-25 minutes, or until the filling is set. Let the tart cool slightly before serving.