Any kind of celebration required cake and sweets for us. If you are thinking about celebrating the birthday of your loved ones or marriage anniversary or it’s valentine day and you want to celebrate. A heart shaped wilton cake is just for this kind of occasion.
For a wilton heart shaped cake you are gonna need the three different ingredients. Perfect red velvet cake, Ermine Frosting recipe and Valentine’s day sprinkles mix are those three ingredients.
For a perfect heart shaped cake you must have the following equipment or tools. You should go through the recipe of red velvet cake and ermine frosting recipe first and then you can get the heart shaped pan cake.
- 9 Inch red heart shaped pan
- Cooling rack
- 9 inch angled spatula
- Disposable decorated bags
- Star decorating tip 1m
Perfect Red Velvet Cake:
|Amount:||Prep time:||Skill levels:||Total time:|
|10-12 servings||25 mins||Beginner||One and half hour|
Perfect red velvet cake is one of the finest recipes Wilton has offered. Your best suited recipe for cake for the festive and occasions. It will take 25 mins to prepare the ingredients and in total it will take 1 and ½ hour to complete the full procedure.
Here’s the list of ingredients you will need to prepare perfect red velvet cake:
- ½ cup butter or ½ cup margarine softened
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tablespoon to 2 tablespoon red food colouring (gel or liquid)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon of cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
- Non sticky spray coating
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 packages(8 ounces each) Cream cheese, softened
- 8 cups powdered sugar confectioners sugars,
- 1 tablespoon milk
- First preheat the oven on 350 degree celsius
- Then take two 8in round pans with vegetable pan spray.
- Take a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Take a large bowl, pour butter and sugar on it and mix them with an electric mixer, until they become light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla, icing colour, vinegar and vanilla extract, blend them well with the mixer.
- Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk and beat just until blended
- Pour batter evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on cooling grid for 10 minutes
- Remove it from the pan , cool down completely before decorating.
- While the cake is baking, beat butter and cream cheese in a large bowl with a mixer until light and fluffy
- Then gradually add some powdered sugar and milk. Beat them very high until they become smooth for about 30 seconds to 1 minutes.
- If you see your frosting become t0o thin, then add 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar at a time until the desired thickness is reached.
- If the frosting seems too thick, add 1 tablespoon of milk at a time until it reaches desired consistency.
Easy Ermine Frosting Recipe:
Ermine frosting is a french inspired recipe of wilton. This recipe is smooth, rich and its flavour is very similar to the recipe of cheese cream frosting. Another name of this recipe is heritage frosting, boiled milk frosting or flour buttercream.
There is a unique twist of vanilla frosting buttercream, which makes this frosting a very great pair for rich cakes like red velvet, butter or chocolate.
Here’s is the ingredients you need for ermine frosting recipe:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Take a medium saucepan. In that stir sugar, flour and salt altogether. Whisk in until smooth.
- Cook that in medium heat, while consistently whisking until it becomes very thick. For about 5-7 minutes
- After that remove from the heat and pour it on a medium bowl. Press plastic wrap over top of mixtures and side of the bowl to seal it completely. Prevent a skin from forming.
- Let it cool in room temperature, which will take 1 to 1 ½ hour time
- Once cool down, beat butter with an electric mixer at medium speed for 5 minutes until it becomes light and fluffy.
- After that add milk , 1 tablespoon at a time. To whipped butter. Beat until smooth and scraping down the bottom and sides of the bowl again.
- Then add vanilla extract and beat for another 3 minutes or until ermine frosting reaches the consistency of whipped cream.
Wilton heart shape cake pan baking instruction:
- With the above instructions prepare the red velvet cake. If you prepared the red velvet with the instructions above you might have some batter left over. With these you can make two heart shaped cakes or some cupcakes.
- We are using the ermine frosting recipe to decorate this cake. It is a french- inspired frosting with smooth,rich and create a flavour similar to cream cheese although it does not have any cream cheese.
- Prepare the Easy Ermine Frosting recipe with the above instruction and then use a 9in angled spatula to ice the top and side of the cake smooth.
- Take the decorating bag with tip 1M and about a cup of remaining frosting for the top border.
- Pipe stars around the top edge of the cake.
- Finally top of the border with the valentine nonpareils and confetti sprinkles from the mix.
6 Cell Happy Valentine’s Day Sprinkles Mix Features:
- These have 6 kinds of sprinkles :red, white, purple and pink nonpareils. Also red, white, purple and pink confetti sprinkles. Red, white, purple and pink hearts. Red, white and pink jimmies. Red sanding sugar and pink sanding sugar.
- Net weight of the package: 187g
- This package contains soy. Also made in a facility that also processes wheat.